Reseller Hosting is probably one of the least known types of web hosting and the one that raises the most doubts, which is why in this article I am going to explain to you what Reseller Hosting is, what it is for, and what the advantages of this type of hosting are.
Table of Contents
What is Reseller Hosting?
Reseller Hosting or hosting for resellers, is a type of web hosting that has specific functionalities that allow a user to resell hosting plans to their own clients.
What does this mean? These hosting services have tools such as, for example, WHM, which I will tell you about later, which allows you to create and manage the hosting accounts of each of your clients.
All the hosting accounts you create are independent of each other. That is, each of your clients will have unique access to their cPanel account to manage their service, and in no case will they be affected by the activity of your other clients (high resource consumption, security problems, etc.).
Normally, the users of Hosting Reseller are marketing agencies, developers, or web designers who want to expand their services and, in addition to the website or online store itself, also offer their clients the hosting service.
How is Reseller Hosting different from Shared Hosting? What about a VPS?
All three are hosting services, and in all of them, you can host one or several web pages that will be operational and running 24 hours a day. So where is the difference?
Although we think that they are practically the same services, the objective or purpose of each of them is very different.
- Shared Hosting: Shared Hosting is a type of hosting designed for the end client, that is, that user who decides to contract a hosting plan and set up their own website or have a designer or developer do it for them.
- Reseller Hosting: The user of Reseller Hosting is normally a marketing agency, a developer, or a web designer who is in charge of creating web pages for their clients and who, in addition to offering the design and development service, also offers the web hosting.
- VPS Server: Although a VPS was previously associated with large projects or projects with high resource demands, this type of service is currently only recommended for users who need specific configurations that cannot be carried out in Shared Hosting. Unless you contract all the separate licences that allow you to resell hosting, it is not the most appropriate service to become a distributor.
Advantages of a Reseller Hosting
If you already have a couple of clients and are thinking about switching to Reseller Hosting, let me tell you that you are on the right track.
And since I don’t want you to make any decision without first knowing these plans in more depth, here are the most important characteristics of these hosting plans:
Complete and unified management with WHM
Hosting Reseller plans have a control panel that has options to create and manage hosting accounts for other users. The most used currently by resellers is WHM, and it is also the one we use at Harmonweb.
This software has a very intuitive interface, which makes managing this type of hosting much easier. Specifically, WHM provides you with:
- More security: within the same hosting, all cPanel accounts are independent of each other, and you do not run the risk of the activity of one cPanel account affecting another client.
- Efficiency: you can create hosting plans by establishing the resources based on the needs of your clients (GB of space, email accounts, price, etc.)
- Brand image: WHM allows you to sell your own hosting plans with your brand and logo, as well as establish custom DNS.
- Everything is in one place: you will have all your clients’ accounts just one click away and you will be able to manage them all from the same control panel.
In our Reseller Hosting plans, in addition to all accounts being independent of each other, they have Imunify360, the most advanced web security software that incorporates functionalities for the prevention and detection of malware, automatic security rules (failed session attempts, IPs, and suspicious events…) and AI (Artificial Intelligence) to mitigate and block possible threats that may put the security of your clients at risk.
Likewise, all our plans also have Codeguard Backup integrated, a tool that is available in the client area and with which you can access all your clients’ backup copies and perform any restoration in just a few clicks.
Another fundamental pillar when we talk about hosting is speed, which is why at Harmonweb our entire Reseller Hosting platform uses LiteSpeed Web Server, a web server software that is characterized by providing levels of performance and speed much higher than traditional Apache or Nginx servers…
So much so that a LiteSpeed server with the same RAM and CPU resources as an Apache server is capable of serving more requests in less time. The result? More performance and speed, something that directly influences the user experience and, of course, also the SEO of your clients.
In addition, LiteSpeed has developed its own caching and optimization modules for the most used applications such as WordPress, Joomla, or PrestaShop and they can be used and configured completely free of charge.
An alternative to Reseller Hosting is to contract individual Shared Hosting plans for each client, but… Is it the most profitable? Absolutely.
When you already have several clients, the most effective, in terms of management and monetary, is better to have them all under the same hosting. Keep in mind that Reseller Hosting is a service designed for distributors, so when you reach a certain volume, it is cheaper, and, in addition, you have all the management centralised on the same panel.
Although this is not the case with all hosting providers, at Harmonweb, the Hosting Reseller plans have technical support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Thus, if you need help with any of your clients’ accounts or have questions, you just have to contact us, and we will give you a hand.
If you work as a web developer or designer, it may be difficult at first to take the step and start reselling hosting. It’s normal!
However, with only a few clients, taking the leap is already profitable, especially when you already have a few accounts on standalone hosting plans. In addition, you will have at your disposal all the tools and resources to offer a quality service, and by having your clients unified in the same panel, you will improve management and save time.
Now tell me, do you have any questions regarding Reseller Hosting? If so, leave me a comment below, and I’ll give you a hand.